The Deputy Fiscal Officer is responsible for all accounts payable functions within the Fiscal Office and generally assists the Fiscal Officer in maintaining library finances on a day-to-day basis. The position requires familiarity with basic accounting and the ability to secure an adequate surety bond. Time management, organization, and self-motivation are a must.
Hours: 30 hpw
Rate: starting at $12.00
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviews and approves requisitions; creates purchase orders; gives go-ahead for purchase.
- Reconciles invoices, purchase orders, and packing slips/receipts and pays invoices.
- Maintains and files records of all non-payroll related purchases.
- Purchases and works with appropriate staff to manage stock of basic office and custodial supplies.
- Purchases other items as required.
- Is aware of and assists Fiscal Officer in adhering to requirements for obtaining W-9s and PEDACKNs from outside service providers.
- Works with appropriate staff, vendors, and/or others to resolve any problems in the accounts payable process.
- Maintains donation records and works with Branch Managers and other appropriate staff to ensure all donated funds are spent in accordance with the donor’s wishes.
- Assists Fiscal Officer in ensuring the organization’s spending stays within the budget.
- Assists Fiscal Officer in the creation and distribution of information packets for monthly Board of Trustees meetings.
- Assists Fiscal Officer in maintenance of library records as needed.
- Deposits funds received at the Willard location as prescribed by established procedures.
- Attends staff meetings, workshops, and other training as required and/or is appropriate.
- Adheres to and publicly supports the Library Board of Trustees, library administrators, and library policies.
- Promotes a positive image of the library.
- Performs additional duties as required.
Send letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org open until filled.