HURON COUNTY COMMUNITY LIBRARY
6 West Emerald Street
Willard, OH 44890
419-933-8564 fax 419-933-4783 email: email@example.com
For immediate release.
Contact Persons: Jen Farrell or Barb Templeman
Don’t let the April showers get you down. Come to any of our Huron County Community Library locations and join in on all the activities they have planned for the month of April.
Our Willard Memorial Library location invites all kids to join us in the Community Room to make a “Peep House” for your Peeps. We’ll create the Peep House using Graham Crackers, frosting, candy, and more. This activity will take place on Tuesday, April 4 at 4:30 p.m. while supplies last.
- On Tuesday, April 11 at 4:30 p.m. join Miss Char in the Annex for some painting fun! We’ll be painting wooden Gnomes that would make great Spring and Summer decorations. This craft is available while supplies last.
- Drop in at the library after school for a “free” craft. Kids are welcome to stop by the Youth Programming Room in the Youth Services Department on Wednesday, April 5 to make a foil spring magnet and on Thursday, April 6 to make a jump-up animal.
- Teens and Tweens can join Mrs. Rogers in the Teen Rom for fun activities, crafts, and more. Stop by each week day except Wednesdays for a weekly project. On the week of April 3 come and create using “Air Clay” and enjoy a snack. The week of April 10 it will be time to “Slime” again. Come in the week of April 17 to make “Squish Face” art and join Mrs. Rogers in the Annex the week of April 24 for “Wood Burning”.
- Bring your little one on Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m. and Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. for “Read to Me Storytime” with Miss Mitzi. Join us for stories, crafts, songs, and more! The theme for April 5&6 will be “Hop Like a Bunny”, for April 12&13 “Rain, Rain, Rain”, for April 19&20 “Butterflies and Caterpillars”, and April 26&27 “We’re Off to the Races”.
- Local, retired music teacher, Johanna Beebee, will be here for free Dulcimer workshops. Using the Library’s Dulcimers, Johanna will go over how to play, what the cords are, and more. Each week you will learn a new song or skill. The classes will meet in the Willard Community Room on April 12 and 26 at 11 a.m.
- For Pinterest Monday our Adult Workshop, learn how to make paper rolled flowers and create a free welcome sign for your home. Create this Mason Jar Decal sign on Monday, April 17 at 6 p.m. Sign-up is appreciated.
- Join us on Thursday, April 13 at 10 a.m. at the Enrichment Center in Willard to create a Dollar Tree Garden Flag. Stick around after for a yummy lunch provided by the Enrichment Center.
- The Firelands Genealogical Society will be at the Willard Memorial Library location for a free genealogy workshop. This workshop will include 2 sessions. The first night is instruction and the second night is hands-on computer searching with a genealogical helper. Patrons MUST attend both classes to take part. The dates are Tuesday, April 18 at 6 p.m. in the Community Room and Thursday, April 20 at 6 p.m. in the Computer Lab.
- Tech Thursdays with Jarrad give you the opportunity to get your computer questions answered. Learn at your own pace with help right nearby. Jarrad will be here to answer questions, review topics, and more. Every Thursday at 6:30 p.m., just drop in with your questions.
- If you love to write and you want to start writing but just haven’t taken the time, join our Writers’ Group. Contact Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Group will meet Thursday, April 20 at 6:00 p.m.
- Monday Reads at Willard will meet in the Community Room, Monday, April 10 at 10 a.m. They will discuss the book “Good Company” by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney.
- Turn the Page Book Discussion at Willard in the Community Room on Thursday, April 27 at 6 p.m. and share thoughts on “Our Missing Hearts” by Celeste Ng.
- Cook Up a Storm Cookbook Club at Willard will meet in the Annex on Thursday, April 6 at 6 p.m. Come join our lively discussions and enjoy a bite to eat. All adults are invited to join us. Air Fryers will be the topic of discussion along with any new gadget you may have in your kitchen. Cookbooks are available at the Public Services desk after April 7th.
- Manga Club for grades 6-8 meets at the Willard City Schools. Contact Mrs. Rogers or Mrs. Stevens for more information on dates and to pick up a permission slip.
- Come to the Wakeman Library to play LIFE SIZE Candy Land in the Children’s area anytime the week of April 10-15.
- Storytime at Wakeman is held Friday mornings at 10:30 a.m. Join us April 7, 14, 21, and 28.Plenty of toys and activities are planned at our Wakeman location on Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pop in and Play on April 5, 12, 19, and 28.
- Thursday After- School Crafts and Activities will be held at Wakeman on April 6, 13, 20, and 27. Drop in anytime between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. for a different fun activity every week!
- “Who’s Cooking Today?” a kid’s cookbook club especially for Homeschoolers meets on the first Tuesday of each month at noon. On April 4 the group will be using the book “Delish” by Joanna Saltz and the editors of Delish.
- Wakeman Cookbook Club for adults gets together on Monday, April 3 at 6 p.m. The book for April is “The Happy in a Hurray Cookbook” by Steve and Kathy Doocy.
- “Who Picked This Book” Wakeman Book Club will share their thoughts on the book “The Storied Life of A.J. Fickry” by Gabrielle Zevin on Monday, April 17 at 5:30 p.m.
- On Monday, April 24 at 5:30 p.m. at Wakeman’s Adult Pinterest Monday Craft, learn how to make paper rolled flowers and create a free welcome sign for your home.
- All ages stop by our North Fairfield location and pick up a Take and Make! Each week will feature a new craft or activity that you can do at home.
- Adult Grab and Go Kits are available at North Fairfield Library, too. Be sure to check in with Carolyn for a monthly Grab and Go Craft.
- Bring a project and join other crafty people for conversation while crafting. Exchange patterns and ideas with North Fairfield’s “Sit and Stitch” Group. They will meet on April 3, 10, 17, and 24 at 10 a.m.
- Pop-In and Play at our Greenwich location! Bored at home on Spring Break? Stop by the library on Friday, April 7 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and play a game or build with Legos.
- The Greenwich Library Homeschool Group will meet on Thursday, April 6 at 11 a.m. Homeschoolers of all ages will be investigating and learning about the weather!
- Join Chris at 11 a.m. on April 14, 21, and 28 for Stories and crafts and more made just for your little ones.
- Join us at Greenwich on Wednesday, April 19 at 5:30 p.m. for another fun Family Reading Night. We will have fun activities for readers of all ages and skill levels, plus Book Bingo!
- Greenwich’s “Mystery and Thriller Book Club” will meet on Wednesday, April 26 at 5:30 p.m. They will share thoughts on “A Flicker in the Dark” by Stacy Willingham.
- Pinterest Monday is scheduled for April3 at 5:30 p.m. Learn how to make paper rolled flowers and create a free welcome sign for your home.
- Drop in and Do! You’ve heard of Take and Makes, now it’s time to try a Drop in and Do! Greenwich will be presenting a fun craft for all ages (even adults) that takes a few more supplies and a little more time.
*Did you know??? Your library is fine free! Life happens, fines don’t have to!*