HURON COUNTY COMMUNITY LIBRARY
6 West Emerald Street
Willard, OH 44890
419-933-8564 fax 419-933-4783 email: email@example.com
For immediate release.
Contact Persons: Jen Farrell or Barb Templeman
Whether March comes in like a lion or a lamb, all of the Huron County Community Library locations have plenty of activities to fill those final days of winter.
- Bring your little ones to our Willard library location on Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m. or on Thursday, evenings at 6:30 p.m. for Storytime with Miss Mitzy. The theme for March1 & 2 will be “March in Like A Lion”; for March 8 & 9 “Wahoo, It’s A Zoo”; March 15 & 16 it will be “It’s No Blarney—We Are Going Green”; March 22 & 23 will be “Spring is Here”; and March 29 & 30 it will be “Blow Wind, Blow”.
- Tuesday, March 14 is National Craft Day. The whole family is invited to join us in the Youth Programming Room at 4:30 p.m. for a fun afternoon of crafting.
- Join Miss Char on Tuesday, March 21 at 4:30 p.m. in the Willard Community Room to create creatures from names.
- Tweens and Teens are invited to join Mrs. Rogers in the Teen Room for fun activities, crafts, and more. The Week of March 6, make your own HUGE word search; March 13, come and create Fantastic Foil Art; March 20 make Cobra Weave exploding sticks; and March 27 create toilet paper roll faces. The weekly projects are not available on Wednesdays.
- Tech Thursdays with Jarrad is scheduled every Thursday in March at 6:30 p.m. Just drop in with your questions. Learn about topics in basic computer skills, email, social media, and more.
- Join Josh on Thursday, March 16 at 6 p.m. in the Community Room for Writer’s Group. If you love to write or want to but haven’t found the time, the Writer’s Group is the place to be.
- Our Adult Workshop will be held in the Annex on Monday, March 20 at 6 p.m. We will be using mini wood pallets to create a fun way to hang your keys or jewelry.
- On Thursday, March 9 at 10 a.m. join us at the Enrichment Center for Decal Fun. We’ll be doing a wood project using cutting boards and decals.
- Our Willard “Monday Reads” will get together on March 13 at 10 a.m. and discuss “An Ederly is Up to No Good” by Helene Tursten. “Turn the Page Book Discussion” will meet Thursday, March 30 to share thoughts on “Anxious People” by Fredrik Backman.
- On Thursday, March 2 at 6 p.m. “Cook Up a Storm Cookbook Club” invites you to join us at the Annex for a look at “5-7 Ingredients” cookbooks.
- Our Greenwich location will host their Family Reading Night on Wednesday, March 22 at 5:30 p.m. There will be read-alouds, literacy games, and other book themed activities to connect kids with books and emphasize that reading is fun and not a chore.
- Morning Storytime is scheduled for Fridays at 11 a.m. Bring your little ones and join Chris on March 10, 17, 24, and 31.
- Greenwich Library Homeschool Group will meet on Thursday, March 2 at 11 a.m. for Steam-powered learning and fun.
- The Mystery and Thriller Book Club will get together with Chris on Wednesday, March 29 at 5:30 p.m. to talk about their March read, “Local Gone Missing” by Fiona Barton.
- Pinterest Monday at Greenwich is scheduled for March 6 at 5:30 p.m. We’ll be using mini wood pallets to create a place to hang up your keys or jewelry.
- All ages be sure to stop by and pick up a “Take and Make” kit. Each week in the month of March will feature a new craft or activity to do at home. “Take and Makes” are available at both Greenwich and North Fairfield. North Fairfield also has “Adult Grab and Go” kits available.
- On Wednesday, March 8 at 11 a.m. bring your little ones to our North Fairfield location to enjoy Storytime with Miss Carolyn.
- Bring a project and join other crafty folk for conversation while crafting. Meet with North Fairfield’s “Sit and Stitch” group and exchange ideas and get some help with any difficult part of your project. “Sit and Stitch” will meet at 10 a.m. on March 6, 13, 20, and 27.
- Make sure to visit the Storybook Trail in Wakeman along the sidewalk by our Wakeman Library. The book for the month of March is “Almost Time”.
- Storytime at the Wakeman Library is held on Fridays at 10:30 a.m. or Thursdays at 6 p.m. Morning Storytime for March is scheduled for March 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31. Evening Storytime is planned for March 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30.
- “Who’s Cooking Today?” Wakeman’s Kids Cookbook Club for Homeschoolers will meet March 7 and be using the “5 Ingredient Cookbook” by Taste of Home.
- The Adult “Cookbook Club” at Wakeman will get together on Monday, March 6 at 6 p.m. They will use the “Delish” cookbook by Joanna Saltz.
- Pinterest Monday, the adult craft workshop in Wakeman is scheduled for Monday, March 27 at 5:30 p.m. They will be creating the “Mini Pallet” project.
- “Pop in and Play” toys and activities at the Wakeman Library will be held Wednesdays, March 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29 from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
- “Thursdays Afterschool” crafts and activities will be available March 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30. Come between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. for a different fun activity every week.
- “Who Pick This Book” Wakeman Book Club is reading “The Speckled Beauty” by Rick Bragg. They will meet Monday, March 20 at 5:30 p.m.
Check out our Goodreads page and follow our book recommendations for all ages.